Welcome to the Highland Park Neighborhood!
Welcome to the “Finest and Healthiest Part of the City“! At least that ‘s what the Ellwanger & Barry Company called our area while building many of our homes and streets. In fact, in their honor, our Neighborhood was for many years known as The Ellwanger & Barry Neighborhood. But in 2007, with permission of the City, we changed our name officially to The Highland Park Neighborhood. Today the Highland Park Neighborhood is known as a family friendly section of Rochester, NY. Here are other things to know about us.
- We have an active Neighborhood Association that represents our 2000+ households, residents and businesses.
- We live within walking distance of a botanical treasure called Highland Park. Our History is a portrait of the City of Flowers.
- Other places you can walk to in our neighborhood include: A Library, Numerous Restaurants of International Cuisines, an Historic Movie Theater, A Seminary, A Hospital, Several Churches and many other Businesses
- We care about our Schools: With so many teachers and families living among us: Our focus on education is a way of life.
- We care about each other and work with the City of Rochester to help sustain our Neighborhood. We walk Pac-Tac together, We walk Dogs Together, We break bread together. We get together at block parties and meetings and concerts and especially at our annual picnic “Taste of the Neighborhood”.
- The center of our Neighborhood is a playground and park and used for many activities by our community of Neighbors. It’s like our Town Green.
- Our lives are enhanced by the variety of other Neighborhoods and Institutions that border us including A Major University, Hospitals and Historic Suburbs.