Third Annual National Night Out in Ellwanger & Barry Park: August 6,2013 @ 5 pm
Join Residents, Friends and Members of the Highland Park Neighborhood Association, Rochester Police Department, the Highland Branch Library & the Wedge Newspaper for our Third Annual National Night Out in Ellwanger & Barry Park. This is a our biggest and best NNO Celebration yet! Sort of like last year, but with music! The ever popular Book & Mike are returning to the park to add a Special concert to an already long list of Activities. And another addition especially geared towards our families with kids, is a special visit from the City’s Recreation on the Move Mobile Center full of games, information and other activities. Also New: BoulevART Artist Larry Staiger will be in the HPNA Tent doing Portraits for an (optional) Suggested Donation. And yes, Pizza from Little Venice is back this year too. This just in…One of Rochester’s Newest Sports Mascot is making an NNO appearance: Finley the Razorshark And the Friends of The Cinema will be there to tell you about some special Events in August. If that wasn’t enough, our new Park Kiosk is being Dedicated as well.
This year the RPD is sending its K-9 team for everyone to meet and greet starting at 5 pm. Expect Recreation on the Move to be there as well. The music from Book & Mike will start at 6 pm, shortly thereafter Pizza arrives courtesy the HPNA PAC-TAC team and Little Venice. At 7 pm, please join us for a special “Neighborhood Reunion” Photo in the Intersection painted during BoulevART 2012. This group portrait is a tradition, going on its second year.
All evening the Highland Branch Library will be there to greet you and talk about upcoming events. The Wedge Newspaper will be represented so you get the freshest news about our area. And of course, members of the board of the Highland Park Neighborhood Association will be present to discuss anything you want to talk about. Not to mention, just by stopping by, you’ll be part of a Nationwide Event: The National Night Out Against Crime.
Ok so let’s review the
Ten Dozen+ Reasons for Stopping By at the National Night Out in Ellwanger & Barry Park
- You and/or the kids want to meet the RPD members and/or its K-9 team
- You want to listen to the the best Live Music in the City that night.
- You crave a piece of Pizza provided by the HPNA PAC-TAC Team.
- You want to bring the kids to Recreation on the Move.
- You or someone you know wants a portrait done by Larry Staiger.
- You want to see yourself in the “Neighborhood Reunion” Photo Shoot.
- You need to be updated on all the cool stuff going on at Highland Branch Library
- You want to witness the dedication of the Park’s Kiosk!
- You can’t go another day without knowing the latest news coming out in The Wedge Newspaper.
- You have something to tell the Highland Park Neighborhood Association. (Especially if it’s nice!)
- You always wanted to be a part of the National Night Out Event.
- Your Friends are going and you want to say “Hey”. Besides..it’s at a playground.
- You want to meet some of the special visitors which often includes local representatives, a giant Razorshark and Friends of the Cinema!
- Even though you aren’t technically part of the Highland Park Neighborhood, your own group isn’t doing anything that evening and…
- You are Invited !!